HTML5 and CSS Essentials is a self-paced course designed to teach you how to create websites. The course covers the latest technology for web page authoring, HTML5, allowing web page authors to stay current with the latest developments in web technology.
The course teaches you the basics of web page authoring through reading materials, interactive quizzes, and exercises. In total, it contains over 500 pages of self-paced instruction with over 200 interactive questions and exercises. During this course, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills by completing interactive exercises where you practice writing HTML and CSS code. You will also complete a series of tutorials where you build a full website step-by-step.
The course is designed for novices. You don’t need to have any prior knowledge of HTML to be successful in the course.
The HTML5 and CSS Essentials course is designed for people who like to learn on their own. If you prefer to have access to an instructor or you would like a certificate of completion, you might be interested in our instructor-led course, Web Publishing.
Here’s What You’ll Learn!
HTML5 and CSS Essentials will teach you how to:
- Understand the basic structure of a web page
- Use common HTML elements such as paragraphs, lists, tables, and headers to create a web page
- Manipulate images in a web page
- Use forms to collect information from users
- Embed multimedia into a web page
- Add interactivity to a web page
- Use the latest HTML5 elements
- Style your website using CSS
- Use CSS3 for advanced styling
- Understand the latest web design trends such as responsive design
The HTML5 and CSS Essentials course is a self-paced, self-study interactive guide. At the present time, there is no formal testing and therefore we do not issue a certificate for this course.